The Lapham Company has been serving the real estate investment and management needs of our clients in Northern California since 1911. We custom tailor management programs to suit the needs of each individual property and its owner. The following services are part of our management package:
We manage commercial properties and single-family homes, but the vast majority of our management portfolio—over 95%—is dedicated to multi-family homes. Our management portfolio includes properties owned by individual investors and families, including buldings we have managed for generations of families.
- Rent collection: Our rental collection program is set up to ensure that all rent payments are made on time. We aggressively pursue delinquent accounts to minimize any possible losses.
- Filling vacancies: Our goal is a quick and efficient turn over. We arrange for and supervise the entire process to ready each unit for rent. We market the property in all ways and thoroughly screen all applicants. Our screening includes running a credit check, eviction report, employment verification, and rental history verification. Our leasing department has leased thousands of properties including apartments, condos, lofts, and single-family homes. Regardless of the size or location of your property, our goal is to find you the most qualified tenant in the shortest possible time.
- Inspection: All properties are inspected annually. Problems are corrected at an early stage, reducing the risk of costly repairs. We have a thorough maintenance request system (both online and in person). Our move-in, pre move-out, and move-out inspections also help keep owners' operating costs down.
- Marketing and rent review: We evaluate weekly the rental market, rent rates, and current incentives to stay on top of competition for our clients. We periodically review and make recommendations regarding the actual rents of the units we manage and stay competitive in the ones we are renting.
- Maintenance and repairs: Our firm has a complete staff of tradespeople on call to handle any maintenance problem, including for emergency repairs. We use preventive maintenance to avoid costly future problems, and assist owners with bids for major repairs. Over the years, we have developed our operating systems and protocols to most efficiently and cost-effectively operate the properties for which we are responsible.
- Accounting: All financial transactions are processed through one of our state-regulated trustee accounts. We provide monthly statements and disbursements as well as annual reports. We can also pay property taxes, mortgage payments, insurance premiums, and other expenses from collected rents.
- On-site personnel: Our on-site staff includes field inspectors and dozens of resident managers. We handle the hiring, training, and payroll for on-site managers and other necessary personnel. With thorough and continuous training and on-site care, maintenance and management costs are reduced, improving the profitability of your property.
Contact The Lapham Company.
Fill out the form below describing your general needs and we will be in contact as soon as possible.